R20 Foundation is seeking a professional Fundraising Manager for its programs, seeking grants and concessional commitments into financing vehicles dedicated to climate infrastructure investment in cities.
R20 aims at creating blended-finance investment vehicles to help meet the needs and commitments of cities for climate actions. Through the collaboration of a coalition of partners (networks of cities, the private sector actors, fund managers, public and private investors), the vision is to mobilise finance to accelerate the uptake of urban climate solutions to align with the goal of 1.5 degrees maximum global warming.
Reporting to the CEO and working closely with other team members and R20’s partners, the Fundraising Manager will conduct and manage the fundraising efforts for the investment vehicles to be developed. The vehicles will be seeking public and philanthropic commitments in the form of grants and concessional capital.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Conduct and manage the fundraising activities
- Monitor Requests for Proposal of potential donors/investors
- Lead the redaction and design of Concept Notes / Pitchbooks and other fundraising documents
- Lead budget drafting and support allocation negotiation with partners
- Min 5 years of experience in a similar function
- Proven track record of successful fundraising for grants and investment
- Familiar with infrastructure projects with climate impacts at the city level, knowledge of the financial sector and capital investment
- Familiar with the workings of the public and non-profit sector
- Being organised, time-management and prioritisation are essential in this role
- Passionate about climate mitigation and adaptation, biodiversity, and sustainability with a strong commitment towards a more sustainable world
- Team player, flexible and able to work in a multicultural environment
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Strong skills with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficient English level in writing and speaking. Fluency in other UN languages, especially Spanish or French
- Excellent writing, drafting, and editing skills
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
The ideal working station will be Geneva with travels depending on project needs. However, depending on the competence of the candidate, remote work could be considered, and if so, minimum time zone difference would be a preference.
Please send your CV, reference of successful fundraising activities and a Cover Letter to email@example.com by 31 December 2022.