R20 Foundation is seeking a Coordinator for a new programme that aims at providing public-private investment solutions for climate mitigation at city-level.
More specifically, the programme envisions to create blended-finance investment vehicles to help meet the need and commitments of cities for climate mitigation. Through the collaboration of a coalition of partners (networks of cities, the private sector actors, fund managers, public and private investors), the vision is to mobilise finance to accelerate the uptake of urban climate solutions to align with the goal of 1.5 degrees maximum global warming.
Reporting to the Director of Programmes and working closely with other team members and R20’s partners, the Coordinator will coordinate the day-to-day operation of the programme. Coordinating the work of respective team members in impact assessment, fundraising, regulation and policy assessment, pipeline assessment and preparation, and communication, the Coordinator will ensure a cohesive workflow according to the programme design and that outputs are delivered in time with expected quality.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate day-to-day operation of the new programme
- Track and coordinate the work of other team members in impact assessment, fundraising, regulation and policy assessment, pipeline assessment and preparation, and communication
- Liaise closely with partners, including networks of cities, the private sector actors, fund managers, and public and private investors
- Ensure timely and quality delivery of outputs
- Prepare reporting to the donor
- Report to and consult senior management: the CEO and the Director of Programmes
- Travel and represent R20 and the programme at events when necessary
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar function, either with investment funds, international organisations, or NGOs, experience with city networks on climate actions a plus
- Knowledge and working experience in city climate solutions, such as: renewable energy, energy efficiency, waste management, urban transport, and building
- Working or theoretical knowledge of mid-sized infrastructure projects in the mentioned sectors at city/sub-national level
- Working or theoretical knowledge of financing and investment concepts
- Familiar with international standards, such as IFC Performance Standards, Gold Standard, IRIS+, and carbon credits would be a plus
- Passionate about climate mitigation and adaptation, biodiversity, and sustainability with a strong commitment towards a more sustainable world
- Well-organised, team player, flexible and able to work in a small team of cultural diversity
- Strong skills with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficient English level in writing and speaking. Fluency in other UN languages, especially Spanish or French, a plus
- Excellent writing, drafting and editing skills
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in environmental science, finance, economics, or international relations
The ideal working station will be Geneva with travels depending on project needs. However, depending on the competence of the candidate, remote work could be considered, and if so, minimum time zone difference a preference.
Please send your CV and a Cover Letter to email@example.com by 6th of January 2023.