R20 Foundation is seeking a communication and marketing intern to support the development of its activities. R20 aims at creating blended-finance investment vehicles to help meet the needs and commitments of cities for climate actions. Through the collaboration of a coalition of partners (networks of cities, the private sector actors, fund managers, public and private investors), the vision is to mobilise finance to accelerate the uptake of urban climate solutions to align with the goal of 1.5 degrees maximum global warming.
Reporting to the Marketing & Communication Manager working closely with each program manager, the communication specialist will support our internal and external communications strategy, with a special focus on content creation and design. In conducting the mentioned tasks, the communication specialist will create more visibility for the R20 brand and programs.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Maintain and create website content for R20 and related programs (especially SCF)
- Write and design content, including:
- PowerPoint presentations
- Newsletters (internal and external)
- Thought leadership pieces.
- other marketing material that communicates the organization’s activities, products and/or services.
- Support event coordination
- Minimum: currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in communication, marketing, or business management
- Knowledge and working experience in the following sectors a strong preference: non-profits, impact investment funds, sustainable finance
- Strong skills with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficient in content management systems, and social media platforms.
- Proficient English level in writing and speaking.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Passionate about climate mitigation and adaptation, biodiversity, and sustainability with a strong commitment towards a more sustainable world
- Team player, flexible and able to work in a multicultural environment
The ideal working station will be Geneva with flexibility regarding home-office. The internship is currently offered as full-time but part-time can be considered. The position will be remunerated.
Please send your CV and a Cover Letter to email@example.com by May 10th, 2023.